We are a group of researchers based at Oakland University studying Natural Language Processing (NLP). We are committed to:
- working on socially relevant research problems using state-of-art NLP methodology;
- learning from one another to become better researchers, engineers, and educators;
- effectively communicating our findings to the research community and general public;
- engaging in ethical research practice;
- providing a supportive work environment for all team members.
- 08/16/2022: "SOS: Systematic Offensive Stereotyping Bias in Word Embeddings" by Fatma Elsafoury, Steven R. Wilson, Stamos Katsigiannis, and Naeem Ramzan to appear at COLING 2022
- 08/04/2022: “Don’t Take it Personally: Analyzing Gender and Age Differences in Ratings of Online Humor” by J.A. Meaney, Steven R. Wilson, Luis Chiruzzo, and Walid Magdy to appear at SocInfo 2022
- 07/16/2022: “What Are You Anxious About? Examining Subjects of Anxiety during the COVID-19 Pandemic” by Lucia Chen, Steven R. Wilson, Daniela Negraia, and Sophie Lohmann to appear at ICWSM 2023
- 05/12/2022: "Narrative Detection and Feature Analysis in Online Health Communities" by Achyutarama Ganti, Steven Wilson, Zexin Ma, Xinyan Zhao and Rong Ma to appear at The 4th Workshop on Narrative Understanding at NAACL 2022!
- 04/21/2022: Our task overview paper “SemEval 2022 task 6: iSarcasmEval, Intended Sarcasm Detection in English and Arabic” by Ibrahim Abu Farha, Silviu Oprea, Steven Wilson, and Walid Magdy will appear at SemEval 2022, co-located with NAACL 2022.
- 04/06/2022: Dr.Steven Wilson gave a turorial on "Preprocessing Social Media Text" at the Istanbul Twitter Community.